News & Event
News & Event
Position Senior Research Fellow
Expertise International Finance
- Ph.D. Finance, Sogang University, 2006
- M.A. Finance, Sogang University, 1992
- B.A. Business Administration, Sogang University, 1990
- 2020.7 ~ Present : Senior Research Fellow, Department of International Macroeconomics and Finance, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP)
- 2019.1 ~ 2020.7 : Director General, New Southern Policy Department, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP)
- 2016.11 ~ 2018.12 : Research Fellow, Department of International Macroeconomics and Finance, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP)
- 1993.12 ~ 2016.10 : Research Fellow, Global Studies Department/ Macro Economy and Finance Department, Samsung Economic Research Institute (SERI)
- 2007.8 ~ 2008.1 : Visiting Scholar, University of California, Riverside
- 1992.4 ~ 1993.9 : Researcher, Capital Market Department, Koryo Economic Research Institute
- Analysis on Changes in Determinants of Financial Stress in Emerging Economies before and after Global Financial Crisis: Focusing on Foreign Capital Flows (with Deokki Ko). Journal of Money and Finance. Vol. 34. No. 2. 2020. 6
- The Effect of External Shocks on Financial Stability Index in the Case of Korea (with Hyelin Choi), Review of International Money and Finance. Vol. 9. No. 2. 2019.12
- Analysis of the Effectiveness of Existing Capital Controls and Alternative Policies for Mitigating Volatility of Capital Flows (with Jung Dae Sun). Review of International Money and Finance. Vol. 2. No. 2. 2012.12
- Measuring the Economies of Scale and Scope in the Korean Securities Industry (with C. Kook, H. Zi). Korean Journal of Money and Finance. Vol. 12. No. 4. 2007.12.
- Economies of Scale and Scope Analysis in Korea’s Banking Industry : A Spline Cost Function Approach (with C. Kook, G. Hong). The Korean Journal of Finance. Vol. 19. No. 1. 2006.5.
- A Road Map for the Long-term Development of the Foreign Exchange System in Korea (with 27 economists). KAIST Financial Engineering Research Center. 2011.6
- Diagnosis of and Solutions for Repeated Financial Instability in Korea". Research Paper. Samsung Economic Research Institute. 2010.