Digital platforms have played a crucial role in fostering a platform economy. Our high dependence on digital platforms makes us think about the right level of regulation for them. The U.S. competition authorities and Congress have paid attention to killer acquisitions because of their negative impacts on competition in the U.S. digital platform market.
This study investigates the significance of India's emergence as the world's most populous nation in 2023, surpassing China, and its consequential implications for economic growth. With a focus on the demographic dividend driven by working-age and prime-age populations, we analyze the effects of shifting age distribution on India's labor force, labor market, and economic drivers. Extending the study period by integrating additional datasets, we examine per capita GDP growth, sectoral value-added, and employment shifts at the state level.
This study indirectly estimates the impact of implementation of the Biden government’s supply chain restructuring policy on the U.S. and Korean economies, and derives policy implications accordingly. For the first analysis to indirectly examine the economic impact of the global supply chain reorganization of the semiconductor and battery industries, we estimate the impact of changes in the export share of the semiconductor or battery industry by country on the change in GDP per capita.
Jang et al. (2022) investigate the recent shifts in the European Union's medium- to long-term trade strategies, which have evolved in response to a rapidly changing global trade landscape. We closely examine the policy domains currently in the EU's spotlight, including supply chain resilience, digitalization, tackling climate change, and public health crisis management.
As the global complex crisis in the international community grows, the paradigm of international development cooperation is also facing a major change. This is because international development conditions have rapidly deteriorated since the COVID-19 pandemic.
본 논문에서는 로봇화(robotization)가 외국인직접투자(FDI)에 미치는 영향을 분석하였다. 이를 위해 이론적 모델을 구축하여 로봇화가 외국인직접투자에 미치는 영향을 예측하고 이론 모형의 결과를 실증적으로 검증하였다. 구축한 이론 모형에 따르면, 산업 로봇의 외생적(exogenous) 증가는 로봇 대여가격(rental rate)과 직무 수행에 드는 국내 비용을 모두 감소시키는 것으로 나타났다. 따라서 국내에서 더 많은 작업을 수행하는 것이 수익성을 더욱 높여 결국 FDA가 감소하게 된다. 실증분석 결과는 이러한 이론적 결과를 뒷받침하고 있다. 실증분석 결과, 한 국가의 로봇화는 해당국가의 해외직접투자를 줄이지만, 이러한 부정적인 영향의 크기는 지역별로 다르게 나타났다.
- Assessing the Reality of Killer Acquisitions in Digital Platform Market 2023.09.12
- Global Public Goods: New Paradigm and Korea's Response in Post-COVID Era 2023.08.23
- Innovative Climate Financing for a Just Transition in Africa 2023.08.18
- A Sneak-peek into the ‘First-of-its-kind’ Indo-Pacific Economic Framework: Korea’s New Opportunities and Challenges 2023.07.28
- Mexico as the Primary Beneficiary of IRA: Exploring Its Challenges 2023.07.19
- Demographic Dividend and Economic Growth: Exploring the Case of India 2023.09.08
- Policy Implications of the Biden Administration’s Global Supply Chain Reorganization 2023.09.01
- EU's Trade Strategies and Korea-EU Cooperation Plans 2023.09.01
- Mekong Subregion-RoK Cooperation to Build Stable Supply Chains in Southeast Asia 2023.08.11
- Decoding Financial Crises: Analyzing Predictors and Evolution 2023.08.04
- A Visit from Minister-Counselor Andrew Herrup of the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in the ROK 새글 2023.09.20
- The 41st PAFTAD Conference 2023.09.15
- The 20th KIEP-AMR Joint Seminar 2023.09.05
- Visiting Scholar’s Seminar with Dr. Zhang Dongming from Institute of Northeast Asian Studies Liaoning University, China 2023.08.31
- The 11th Korea-Iran Cooperation Forum 2023.08.28
Date&Time : October 20th, 2023, (Friday), 09:00-18:00
Venue : El tower, Seoul
Date&Time : Monday, September 25, 2023, from 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Venue : Orchid Room, The Westin Josun Hotel, Seoul
Date&Time : August 28th, 2023 (Monday) 09:30-16:00
Venue : Tehran, Iran
KIEP Video ReportReasons Why We Must Pay Attention to the "Mekong Economy" Immediately
KIEP Video ReportCOVID-19 Inequality: How the Pandemic Discriminates by Business Type
EAER Vol.27, No.3 (September 2023)more
- Past Visiting Scholars
- Visiting Scholars’ Research Activities
- Useful Links
- Contact Us