News & Event
[Workshop] APEC FTAAP Capacity Building Workshop on E-commerce Elements in FTAs/RTAs (Phase 2)
- Date&TimeSeptember 8-9, 2021.
The Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP) is organizing ‘APEC FTAAP Capacity Building Workshop on E-commerce Elements in FTAs/RTAs (Phase 2)’ on September 8-9, 2021, via Zoom online format.
Through this workshop, the participants will gain information and insight into recent trends and main issues in WTO E-commerce negotiations and the e-commerce chapter in FTAs/RTAs (Session 1 & 2); enhance understanding about the private sector’s opportunities and challenges with the spread of the digital trade norms (Session 3); learn about member economies’ experiences and lessons from their participation in related negotiations, such as RCEP, DEPA, CPTPP, and USMCA (Session 4 & 5); gain knowledge about two specific issue, data privacy and digital platform competition (Session 6).
We hope that this workshop will strengthen the negotiation capacity of policy makers and trade negotiators who are directly involved in e-commerce, by helping them have better understanding on recent trends and main issues in e-commerce negotiations.
Details are as follows:
1. Title: APEC FTAAP Capacity Building Workshop on E-commerce Elements in FTAs/RTAs (Phase 2)
2. Date & Time: September 8-9, 2021.
3. Host: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
4. Organizer: Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP)
5. Contact: Ms. Eunbin Park, Senior Researcher, National Center for APEC Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org)
※ Registration for the workshop has been closed because we have reached the maximum number of registrations for the event. Thank you for your interest!