News & Event
[Seminar] International Cooperation for North Korea’s Reform and Opening Up
We cordially invite you to the seminar "International Cooperation for North Korea’s Reform and Opening Up“, which will take place at the Grand Ambassador Hotel (Seoul) on October 28th 2015, hosted by the Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP).
In this seminar, renowned Korea specialists from the US, China, Japan, and Russia will present their research on how to induce neighboring countries’ cooperation in facilitating North Korea’s reform and opening up process by exploring past experiences of transitional economies. Korean unification specialists in government, academia and research institutes will also share their insights through in-depth discussion.
We sincerely hope that foreign diplomats and journalists stationed in Korea as well as Korean journalists would also participate and enrich the discussion by sharing their views.
1. Seminar Title
- International Cooperation for North Korea’s Reform and Opening Up
- Financial Reform in China and Vietnam: Potential Lessons for DPRK
David Dollar (Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution)
- Infrastructure Investment in North Korea and the Rold of Japan
Tomohiko Inui (Professor, Gakushuin University)
- China-DPRK Economic Cooperation and Prospects for Economic Development in DPRK
Zhe Jin (Chairman, Institute of World Economy at the Liaoning Academy of Social Sciences)
- Systemic Transformation of Russian Economy in 1980’s and 1990’s: Lessons for Korea
Vitaly Shvydko (Senior Fellow, Institute of World Economy and International Relations, Russian Academy of Sciences)
3. Date and Time
- Wednesday, October 28th, 2015
- 9:00AM – 12:30 PM (Registration begins 8:30 AM)
- Grand Ambassador Hotel Seoul, Grand Ballroom (287 Dongho-ro, Jung-gu)
- Please RSVP through KIEP homepage at www.kiep.go.kr/eng or email.
- Contact: Ms. Inyeong Bae(email@example.com / 02-525-1285)
** Korean-English simultaneous interpretation, lunch and parking will be provided.