While most companies focus primarily on maximizing profits for their shareholders, social enterprises aim to create positive impact in addition to financial goals. They often work directly with local communities to ad-dress issues of poverty, employment, education, and environmental sustainability. They can complement government efforts by innovating new approaches to social problems and delivering services more efficiently.
This WEB paper analyzed Japan's supply chain policy in line with the implementation of Japan's Economic Security Promotion Act in May 2022, and presented policy implications such as supply chain cooperation be-tween Korea and Japan. First, this paper analyzed the US-led reorganization of the global supply chain and the Japanese government's response to it.
TBT (Technical Barriers to Trade) and SPS (Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures) have two attributes. They act as barriers to trade expansion by protecting producers, but their importance has grown in terms of consumer protection measures after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The development of China's outbound direct investment (ODI) is closely related to its national development strategy. As the national development strategy becomes more concrete, the investment and cooperation areas of ODI are gradually expanding and becoming more precise. The "Going out(走出去)" strategy, launched in the early 2000s to encourage the oversea expansion of domestic companies, paved the way for Chinese enterprises to venture abroad.
With the geopolitical and geoeconomic importance of the Indo-Pacific region in the spotlight, India's strategic value has come to the fore. The Korean government has included cooperation with India as a key task under its Indo-Pacific Strategy. This article aims to contribute to the establishment of economic cooperation with India from a medium- to long-term strategic perspective. Accordingly, this article analyzes the strategic changes of major countries towards India and India's response strategies, and the emerging agendas of economic cooperation between India and major countries. Lastly, this article proposes policy directions and key agendas for Korea-India economic cooperation.
- How to Boost Social Values for Entrepreneurs in International Development 새글 2024.02.22
- Projection of China’s National Strategy on its ODI 2024.02.07
- Taiwan's Election and the Outlook for Cross-Strait Relations 2024.01.26
- Protectionism and Domestic Politics in Southeast Asia and Oceania 2024.01.11
- 2024 KIEP World Economic Outlook: Debt Capacity Stretched, Growth Squeezed 2023.12.28
- Japan’s Supply Chain Policy and its Implications for South Korea 새글 2024.02.22
- Assessing ASEAN Economic Integration Progress and South Korea’s Approach Focusing on TBT and SPS 새글 2024.02.14
- Korea-India Economic Cooperation in the Indo-Pacific Era 2024.02.06
- China's Trade Strategies and Korea-China Cooperation Plans 2024.01.26
- India’s Service Sector: New Areas for Future Cooperation 2024.01.25
- The 1st Annual Meeting of the 2024 KIEP Research Advisory Committee 새글 2024.02.22
- KIEP Awards the 21st EAER Best Paper of the Year 2024.01.15
- Visiting Scholar’s Seminar with Professor Mohammad Sharif Karimi from Monash University, Malaysia 2023.12.28
- 2023 IEFS-EAER-APAEM Conference 2023.12.21
- The 16th Trilateral Workshop of PRI-CASS-KIEP 2023.12.07
Date&Time : February 26, 2024 (Mon)
Venue : Lotte Hotel, Seoul, South Korea
Date&Time : December 21, 9:00~13:00
Venue : Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat Meeting Room (S-Tower)
Date&Time : December 7, 2023 (Thursday) 10:00~16:50
Venue : Mita Kaigisho in Tokyo
Date&Time : November 22, 2023 (Wednesday) 09:00 AM to 4:50 PM
Venue : Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences (SASS)
KIEP Video ReportWhy South Korea Can Open Up Its Financial Markets Despite the Trauma of the Asian Financial Crisis
KIEP Video Report“The Precision-Guided Weapon of the 21st Century” – How Are the U.S. Financial Sanctions Possible And What Is the Mechanism Behind Their Effectiveness?
EAER Vol.27, No.4 (December 2023)more
- The Impacts of Climate Variability on Household Consumption: Evidence Based on Village Weather Data in Indonesia
- The Ebb and Flow of Regional Integration Vision in Asia-Pacific: From A Lens of Leaders’ Declarations over 30 Years
- Business Cycle Synchronization between the European Union and Korea
- The Effects of Policy Funds on the Investment and Management Stabilization Financing of Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Past Visiting Scholars
- Visiting Scholars’ Research Activities
- Useful Links
- Contact Us